Jambo!
This week is VBS at Calvary. I have the noble duty of being a Safari Guide every night. The theme for VBS is a jungle/safari. Naturally, EVERYTHING is jungle oriented.
My group's name is Burgundy Monkeys. Everyday night we have a contest between the monkey and lion groups to see who can roar and make a monkey sound the loudest. I've never realized how hard it is to act like a monkey! Last night we had another contest to see what groups brought in the most money for our missionaries. The monkeys won both in weight and amount! And for the total points at the end, the monkeys won with 1600. The monkey is clearly the king of the jungle.
My group is awesome. There are eight kids and they are so well behaved. The ages are really spaced out though. The oldest girl is eleven and the youngest is six. I've been observing them the past couple of nights, trying to figure out their personalities. Kelsey and Journey are the oldest and are really close friends. They're really nice to talk to and seem to have a pretty good background of the Bible. Jonah is active and really sweet. He's so friendly and eager to be a part of activities. Emma is of course quiet. I've been trying to talk to her more and ask her questions, but I know she's just naturally quiet. She DID tell me that she has to get braces- nice information. Rebekah and Britney are the Britney Spears wannabes(that's the nicest way I can put it). They really are adorable, but I fear they will turn into those types of girls in the upcoming years. Britney is the leader and Rebekah is the side-kick. They are a perfect match for each other. Last, but not least, is Jason. I haven't quite figured him out yet. During story time he is very reserved. He sits by the desk, away from everyone else. When he gets with Jonah, he is talkative and animated. I sat next to him during music time and he was really into that. He's going to be quite the singer. I've just been trying to reach out to him more because he's a little more reserved than the others and he's having a difficult time memorizing his verses. Please pray for all these kids as they learn and grow this week.
Only two more nights left. Tonight is backwards night, so I have to figure out what I want to wear for that. And only two more nights of crazy songs. These songs are the type that get stuck in your head for days. I'll probably still be going around singing, "Say Jambo to Jesus everyday. He'll listen when you pray" and doing all the motions with it. The weird thing is that the song I have stuck in my head is, "Hey Hey we're the Monkeys. People say we monkey around".



5 Comments:
you forgot to mention that emma is adorable and the most gorgeous 8 year old alive..:)
Seems a little biased.
hey sarah!
the service today was really cute... i liked all the songs :)
~shannon
Have fun at cheerleading camp!
VBS was awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home